You know what I want to write about? I really want to just ask some questions. Mostly, they are rhetorical, but I feel they need to be asked. If only to feed my insatiable urge point out the glaring hypocrisy all around me in a rather passive-aggressive manner.
- If Trump is doing such great things, why can’t he get Mexico to pay for said “wall”? He made a campaign promise about it.
- Why aren’t the Republicans holding him to his campaign promises?
- Why is it ok when Trump throws a temper tantrum but we try to discipline our 2- and 3-years old away from such behavior?
- If U.S. citizens are so scared of people from Mexico and Central America, why aren’t more U.S. Citizens growing their own food and making their own clothing? It seems that these two industries in the U.S. rely on people from Mexico and Central America, so if those people are SO BAD, why don’t we take back our industries?
- Why do people let fear control them? Why don’t we, as a nation, want to learn actual facts and information that might prove our fears unneeded or unfounded?
- If China is so bad, why do we keep buying things from them? Why don’t we just do without until we can get something of higher quality made in the United States or Europe?
- Why do we blame the war on drugs – a war that we have completely lost in my opinion – on the Mexican and Central American drug cartels? No one held a gun to my head and made me smoke pot, much less do cocaine, opiates or anything else. (I have never even tried ANY of the above, thank you very much, and I will never start. But I’m not one to bow to peer pressure too often.) When are we, as a nation, going to admit these cartels have power because of how much drugs get sold in the U.S.?
- Why would anyone ever admit to having the opinion of “As long as water comes out when I turn on the faucet, I don’t care where it comes from and I don’t need to know.”??????? Do we really think that people in the Middle East and Africa need clean water but we don’t?
- If the Righteous Right Wing is SO pro-life and we are all supposed to follow their example, why don’t they protect and use wisely the resources that actually allow life to happen, such as clean air and clean water? Why do they WANT big business to be free to pollute ad nauseam?
This is not an all-inclusive list. It’s just what is running through my head this morning.
We need to clean up our act as a nation. We need to start doing more for ourselves on an individual basis, we need to consume less, help more, and make sure that we are WAY more informed about everything in the world around us.